Ethos, Values and Aims
When children and adults join Tatsfield, we want them to feel that our school is a happy and welcoming place where individuals are valued for themselves and all that they bring to our school.
We aim to create a supportive and inclusive environment in which children are nurtured to achieve their full potential and enjoy learning as we Aim High to Achieve More. Parents are invited to join us as partners in our learning community and as part of our whole school community. We hope that the experiences and encouragement that we provide at Tatsfield will enable our pupils to move on to the next step in their lives confident and well-developed in body, mind and spirit.
We encourage children, staff and parents to work actively in partnership to enable all children to realise their full potential:
We aim to help our children to:
- develop into happy and confident individuals with a secure foundation in learning that will last throughout their lives
- appreciate and understand moral and religious beliefs and develop a respectful attitude for the views of others
- develop enquiring minds, be confident to ask questions and take risks with a desire to achieve
- be independent learners and thinkers who are able to seek solutions creatively and co-operatively
- be caring, resilient and responsible individuals
Aim High, Achieve More
We try to do this by:
- providing a happy, safe and positive atmosphere where everyone who comes into contact with the school is made to feel welcome
- providing a school environment in which the children can enjoy developing their mental and physical abilities, where each child is valued and encouraged to achieve as much as possible
- providing a physical environment for learning where the school grounds and premises are attractive, safe and stimulating for work and play and offer opportunities to promote an understanding and respect for the environment
- expecting respectful, kind and considerate behaviour from every pupil
- providing a broad and stimulating curriculum that exceeds the National Curriculum
- meeting the learning needs of all pupils
- fostering positive relationships between the children and the wider communities we are part of
- providing whole school and individual staff professional development which ensures the highest quality of teaching and learning
- working in partnership with parents to support individual pupils and the school as a whole
We have wider aims to:
- play our part in raising national standards in education through sharing good practice with other schools and teachers across the Multi Academy Trust.